Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tijuana Flats: Accept all kinds of people, even those that use mild sauce!

You can find me at Tjuana Flats on Monday or Wednesday when it's military discount days. Or on Tuesday or Thursday because I'm craving it. Or after church on Sunday. Any excuse...I'm there.

I love their black bean enchiladas with red sauce..delish! With a side of their homemade guac...watch out! Their chips are crispy and seasoned...you definitely can't stop at just one.

The best part is that their customer service is over the top. Seriously...they rock.

Cole likes their food also, but what he really likes is that a tattoo comes with the kids meal. He is all about that. And I'm all about it too because it means he is always agreeable to going!


So if you are looking for a fast, friendly meal that will leave you wanting more...check them out asap!

And if you need more reasons, here are just a few items from their manifesto:

  • There is no problem a burrito can’t solve
  • Crushed ice can take you to your happy place
  • Next time, order a chimichanga just because it’s fun to say
  • Predictable is too normal, normal is too predictable
  • Lighten up or leave
  • Get in touch with your inner weirdness
  • Accept all kinds of people, even those that use mild sauce
  • Embrace the strange & unexplained, if at first you don’t understand it, maybe you never will
  • Don’t be a stranger, just be stranger
  • A pair of tacos is always a winning hand
  • Give heat a chance
  • Sometimes cheezy is good
  • It only burns for a little while
  • We’ll clean up the mess, so get messy
  • Try the hot bar even if it’s on a dare
  • Don’t stare at the murals too hard, you might get sucked in 
I must confess, I've always struggled to accept that some people choose to use mild sauce. I mean..what's wrong with them?? I'm not calling anyone out, but Dara and Randy Barwick should feel very welcome dining at Tijuana Flats. 
 
And much to my dismay, I've somehow managed to acquire a reflux problem or an ulcer or something. I'm really not supposed to eat anything that tastes good...like hot stuff, tomatoes, onions, or garlic. Lately I have had to order my enchiladas with NO sauce. I seriously hang my head in shame when I order...like I'm one of "those" people. But just as they claim, the folks at Tijana Flats quietly process my order and my shame is only half as bad thanks to their politeness. 
 
I'm off to take my Prilosec...    :)

     

No comments:

Post a Comment