Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Cole's Room: Before & After

When we first moved in Cole wasn't too crazy about his room - I think he was convinced we had left his toys in South Carolina forever. Now that his shelves are packed with all of his favorite things he is starting to like it.  :)

All we had to do in his room was paint the walls and replace the carpet with tile.
 

Cole's room has a little too much store-bought theme action going on, but it is what it is! One of the problems with  moving every three years is that it makes it hard to decorate slowly and with things that are more authentic and meaningful. Since I will probably only live in this house a few years - I want it decorated now. Remember, patience is a virtue I am lacking. Plus, most of the things I use in this house will not work for my "forever" house in Georgia, so I just can't spend a lot on things.
I bought some ocean-themed clip art for $4 off etsy, changed the colors, and had 4 canvas prints made with elements I pulled. I also used the clip art to have some pillows made for his bed. You can have great pillows made really inexpensively at Cafe Press: Home.


We also got rid of Cole's toddler bed and got "big boy" beds. He thought he was big stuff trying them out at the mattress store! I found a cool tip on pinterest to use a pool noodle to keep him from falling off the bed. The trick is to use the fat pool noodle and to pull the sheets under tight.

I'm clueless about what to do with the windows at this point but hoping that will come to me or that someone will tell me.  :)

If you have any ideas for small windows in awkward places please share!

4 comments:

  1. Why not paint it like a faux port hole? If you got blinds or tightly fit curtains the same color as the paint, they'd disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I see there are two windows.... maybe cellular blinds or roman shades?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bunny, I need YOU to come paint them for me! :)

    ReplyDelete