Friday, February 21, 2014

A Little Bit of Paradise: Hammock

I don't have a bucket list, but if I did...having a Pawleys Island hammock at the beach would definitely be on it.

Much to my surprise Brian got me one for Christmas, and we finally got around to hanging it the other day. I never knew hanging a hammock required so much calculating. I envisioned it hanging between two palm trees, but (1) apparently palm trees are really too soft for such and (2) out of all the palm trees in our yard - there were not two that were even remotely the right distance apart.

I had to dig down really deep since we were placing the post in sand. Once I had dug halfway to China, we filled the hole with cement mix, poured in some water, and VOILA...paradise.


While I was hanging the hammock two different people walked by and said, "Nice ham-ock!"
To a southerner like myself, it sounded almost like they were saying, "Nice ham hock!"

So how do YOU pronounce it?

4 comments:

  1. 'Ham ek' is how I pronounce it ... but what matters is the enjoyment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, I'm pretty sure you had it right the first time. The correct pronunciation is "paradise"!

    ReplyDelete