Monday, June 23, 2014

The Salty Sailfish

I'm terrible at naming things. If I had a dog I would probably just name him Spot.

Confession: We had to ask our facebook friends to help us name our child. (Thanks, Ariel.)  :)

So when I needed to name my house I turned to my mama. She calls me when she needs left-brained help. I call her when I need right-brained help because I'm not even sure I have any gray matter over there.

If you've seen my house you  might be wondering why I wanted to name it since it's no mansion. And if you live here  you're probably wondering as well because people don't name their beach houses here. (I guess because we are not allowed to rent them on this sweet, little, crazy island.) But whatever. I think every beach house should have a name.

With that said let me introduce you to...


This photo is just a picture that the artist snapped and sent to me. I'm going to have it made into a sign and put it up somewhere. Project #547 for a rainy day.

If you were going to name your house, what would it be?

3 comments:

  1. Ours would be named "Waterswork" (as opposed to Waterworks) because that has been the case since we moved in and will continue to be, henceforth. Not complaining. I wouldn't trade it for anything, but something built in the 1860s needs lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We once owned a cabin (okay a house that everyone called a cabin) on Lake Cumberland that my father dubbed Phyllis's Folly. You can guess from the name whose idea it was for this second home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waterswork - love it! And true!

    Kathy - that is funny!

    ReplyDelete