Tuesday, June 10, 2014

This happened.

My day was kinda crazy. I went on this marathon shopping trip to Dollar Tree, Home Depot, Sam's, and Wal-Mart. With my four year old. If that can't make you crazy I don't know what can.

While I was in Wal-Mart I saw this mama give her 10-ish year old daughter "the look" and loudly snarl, "DON'T ruin my trip to Wal-Mart!"  I understood the snarl. But did that woman really expect something wonderful to come from a trip to Wal-Mart? Crazy.

Then I had a photo session tonight. And the family...crazy.  I'm kidding. Totally kidding. They were rather perfect, actually.

I was getting a shot of the siblings, and the dad was standing just behind me. The kids started laughing like something was up, and I thought maybe he was giving me bunny ears or something to crack them up. Whatever it takes, right? But then the daughter gasped.


At that point I had to turn around and see what was going on. Lo and behold there was a gorilla on the beach!


It appeared to be a friendly gorilla, so we went on with the photo session.


After the session I wandered down the beach to check out the gorilla. It turns out the gorilla is eight years old and named Samantha. She was quite hungry for some bananas, but I couldn't help her out with that.


 Then I heard people saying we had just missed the flame tricks. This guy was nice enough to do them again so a little crowd of us could see what we missed.





As I was clicking away I noticed a blur in the background, and realized it was THE GORILLA. Two things I didn't expect to see on the beach tonight...all in one frame. That happened!


No comments:

Post a Comment