Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Life with a Wild Thing

When I was pregnant with Cole and found out we were going to have a boy I prayed that he would be "all boy." A little boy splashing through puddles, digging in the dirt, and riding tractors is what I envisioned.

I'm pretty sure God said, "Sure thing!" and double dipped Cole in the boy bucket. Then I think He chuckled and dipped him a third time.

On plenty of occasions I have had someone say to me, "You've got yourself a B.O.Y.!"

Of course when I was dreaming of what my boy would be like, I didn't really foresee the filthy walls, the mountain of crumbs that pile up under my table nightly, or the unique places he can find to relieve himself when using the bathroom seems way too boring. But I loooove my boy and wouldn't change a thing about him.

Tuesday morning I grabbed my little, wild thing and we set off for our first kayaking trip together in the sound. We paddled, we watched the ducks waddle along the bank, and we talked about currents.


My boy was so calm, and I was so thankful that he had not tipped us over in one of his bursts of energy that he normally has about every 10.5 seconds.

I asked, "Cole, how do you like kayaking?"

He paused for a moment and said, "Well...Mama...How do you make this thing pop a wheelie?"

That's my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment