Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A pool? A pond? A mirage?

One of the most wonderful things about our new house is that it has a pool. Uh...I mean a pond. Actually it feels more like a mirage.

All my life I begged my mama for a pool. Isn't that the dream of every child growing up in the deep south?

So finally I have this marvelous, big hole in my backyard. The problem? We have black algae. If you know about that - well - you know my headache. If you don't - well just hope you don't find out. It's nearly impossible to rid your pool of it. We have scrubbed and scrubbed, treated it with algaecide, and shocked it. But we still have some stubborn black algae remaining and popping up. Tomorrow I will spend the day rubbing chlorine tablets all over the sides of the pool before we treat it again.

We closed on the house two weeks ago and we have yet to be able to go for a swim in the pool. I'm starting to feel like it's a mirage. Or maybe we should just turn it into a pond. Surely the fish would love all that algae.

Wish me luck - I'm ready to take a dip. And if you have any experience and tips, please share them!
If not, be sure to bring your fishing pole when you come to visit.  :)


2 comments:

  1. I know it's not what you want to hear, but if you look across the road from your house, you can forget about the pool. That ocean view should make up for the pool problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, living by the ocean is a huge blessing. I am definitely grateful for that.

    ReplyDelete