Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Sticking to My Day Job

When it comes to sewing, I was definitely not cut out (pun intended) to be a seamstress, so I will definitely be sticking to my day job. That is, once I have some jobs rolling in.

Yesterday I made a tiny curtain (pic on right) for my kitchen, and today I worked on cutting the fabric for the panels in my living room (pic on left). No worries...I will have lots of aqua and lime throughout the house, but those fabrics won't be beside each other.


I also got the first coat of white paint on my chandelier. I picked it up at an antique store in Darien, GA, and I'm quite sure they would throw a fit if they knew I was painting it. It was originally brown/bronze with amber prisms/etc. I'm planning to make a cord cover from the same fabric that is behind it and load it down with aqua and lime prisms. These are the prisms that I ordered today. I have another idea of something to add, but I'm going to have to consult my chandelier making friend Beth first.  :)

Now let's just hope the photo jobs start coming so I can put the sewing machine away!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment