Tuesday, July 9, 2013

One of my first finds...

Fort Walton Beach is THE place to come if you like junkin'! There must be at least three or four antique store/thrift store type places on every corner. I will probably never see my mama when she comes up for a visit.  :)

I have already lucked up and found some things in a couple of these stores. I found a set of dining room chairs and a fireplace mantle.

Brian and Randy put the rustic mantle up for me Saturday. I had to give them some "jobs" since the movers never showed up with our household goods.



I'm undecided on whether I want to leave it as is or if I want to try out some chalk painting on it. I guess I will have to wait until my furniture arrives. I'm hoping the movers will show up this Friday. Now if only we can keep Tropical Storm Chantal in line and keep her from heading west.

1 comment:

  1. I'll reserve judgment about the mantle until you show me some furniture, but right now I love the way the wood "pops".

    ReplyDelete