Monday, July 15, 2013

It's All About the Aqua...

In pool related news (I don't want to jinx it...) the algae is gone for now. Brian has been swimming laps in the every night, Cole has been having some swimming lessons, and finally I made time to get in after Cole and I got home from the beach this morning.


I bought the coffee table you see below in Quitman several years ago, and we have loved having it. It has been the perfect table for playing games and just the right size for Cole to make a huge mess with his play-doh. Well...I decided it needed some color in a beach house, but Brian almost died right there on the spot when I told him.

Mama was here helping us, so I sent her out on a search mission to find a similar table that I could paint. After lots of looking she finally found one on craigslist and made a run to Destin to pick it up. My resourceful mama also managed to find some chalkpaint on a Sunday afternoon, so I got started painting it right away. If you know me, you know that patience is a virtue I don't possess.
















































 Three coats of aqua later it's time to move on. The new table has a scalloped border along the table top and some holes that I think I'll paint white. I'll post a photo once I get it finished. I think I also need to whitewash the table.

We have a lot done in the living room, but I still need a couple more pillows, need to sew my curtains (fabric is cut), and I need to find some art to hang over the fireplace. If you happen to stumble upon anything fun with aquas/limes and maybe a touch of coral - let me know!

1 comment: