Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy Day After the Fourth!

We spent our first 4th of July here doing hard labor all day. We started at 6:00 a.m. and really didn't stop until we heard the fireworks going off last night. We finally have all the new flooring in throughout the house, so now we are painting...the entire interior.

I cleaned the walls, spackled, and taped off windows while Brian painted. Fortunately my sweet mama came and kept Cole occupied so we could get a lot done.


BEFORE:

I don't think I have ever had a white wall in my life, but I decided I wanted a crisp, clean white throughout the house this time. Brian is convinced we will have too much white in the house, and I'm trying to convince him that we will have lots of color elsewhere.

DURING: (My handsome painter getting it done!) The wainscoting will be painted bright white also. I found a chandelier to replace the light - I just need to decide what color it will be.



Now that the house is almost completely painted, it just hit me that I have a three year old  BOY. What in the world was I thinking? I guess I need to quit blogging and google how to remove dirty hand prints from white paint.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Mr. Clean Eraser, Jill. Works miracles on white walls. Wish we'd had those 20-something years ago when I had a small boy. Wait . . . what am I talking about? I still have the "boy" who makes just as big a mess as a "man." (Now you guess if I mean George or Harris!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing BoTH! Ha
    I'm also guessing I should get some Mr. Clean stock!

    ReplyDelete